My go-to desserts are fruity desserts and what better choice in this beautiful season to make these delicious Apple Pie Cookies. These cookies are tender, most, and fill with apples and cover with smooth caramel.
While I enjoy spending time in the kitchen, I wouldn’t want to spend my entire day preparing a single treat. That’s why I opt for the apple pie cookies. I have grown fond of these gooey bites because they are simple to prepare, and who wouldn’t enjoy a simple task with an amazing outcome! I mean, sign me up, whenever. You can hardly be in so much hurry to treat yourself to these cookies.
If caramel isn’t too much for you, coat the freshly baked cookies with the caramel icing prepared. Alternatively, you can go ahead and enjoy them without the icing. Be present in the process and enjoy every bit of it, including the aroma of cinnamon as you bake. Enjoy the preparation just as much as you’re going to enjoy your gooey cookies. Next time you have extra apples, this is a great way to put them to use.
Apple Pie Cookies
- Place margarine, brown sugar and egg in a bowl. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and gradually add to the first brown sugar mixture.
- Stir in the apples and milk with the help of a spoon. Spoon the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 ˚F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, once the cookies are finished you can coat them with the caramel sauce if desired.