Healthy, nutritious and rich in protein, this Buddha Bowl with Grilled Vegetables and Chickpeas has it all: soft quinoa, crispy chickpeas, grilled vegetables and a curry vinaigrette!
As this is a Buddha bowl, you can change the ingredients to your liking. This recipe gives enough to divide into four portions, so you can feed a crowd or keep it all week!
Chickpeas have many health benefits, such as fiber and their ability to lower cholesterol. However, the highlight of this tasty meal is the homemade curry sauce.
Here is another version of Buddha Bow just as delicious; Buddha Bowl grilled vegetables with sesame sauce and maple syrup
Buddha Bowl with Grilled Vegetables and Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 cup of drained chickpeas
- 10 spears of asparagus
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomato
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cups of water
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of tahini
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the vegetables with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the vegetables on half of the baking sheet and set aside.
- Reuse the same bowl with the rest of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the drained chickpeas and mix until well coated. Transfer to the empty half of the baking tray.
- Cook vegetables and chickpeas at the same time for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once, finish, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, then add the quinoa and lower the heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Once cooked, remove from heat and leave covered for about 10 minutes so that quinoa can absorb any excess water.
- For vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Assemble the quinoa bowls by dividing the quinoa, vegetables and chickpeas in each bowl. Sprinkle with the curry vinaigrette
This article contains affiliate links. Click here to view the disclosure policy. I recommend only the products I know and love!