Butternut squash pasta recipes in Fall is my go-to dish for the season.
I love the simplicity, and how many variations you can create with a basic pasta recipe. My favorite part of this Butternut squash pasta is the creamy squash mixed in with the fettuccini and the subtle crunch of the Brussels sprouts. The pumpkin coats the pasta in a sweet, nutty taste and the pine nuts are the perfect garnish to balance the sweet with the savory.
Butternut squash is rich in calcium, vitamin E and potassium. It gets said that butternut squash has fewer calories than a sweet potato would have. With its butterscotch flavour, it blends nicely with the bitterness of the Brussels sprouts.
Pasta is one of the easiest dishes to make in under an hour. Which makes it so convenient for busy lifestyles, but also takes a toll on the calories you eat as pasta gets packed with carbs, roughly 45g of carbs per serving. But this recipe can balance out your calories and supplement some of those bread carbs with some low-carb vegetables.
The herbs chosen are also herbs that are ideal for the Fall season and are in season, making them inexpensive and at their best potential of flavour. The thyme adds nice peppery, slightly minty flavour whilst the parsley has a sharp peppery taste to it.
This pasta with squash and brussels sprouts is surprisingly divine and can fill you up for the rest on the day. Its one the best comfort food for the fall seasons and the butternut squash shouts out ‘fall’ to me.
You could serve this pasta dish as a main dish and perfect for both lunch and dinner.
A delightful meal loved by the whole family. Unfortunately the fussy kids may be a problem if they’re not a fan of brussels sprouts. If this is the case, blend the brussels sprouts in a blender and call it a pesto sauce.
- Pasta with Edamame Pesto
- Singapore Style Noodle
- Vegetarian Bolognese
- Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Asian Noodle in a Mason Jar
- One Pot Pasta
- Easy Tikka Masala Pasta
Butternut squash pasta
My favorite part of this Butternut squash is the creamy squash mixed in with the fettuccini and the subtle crunch of the Brussels sprouts.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 lb long pasta like fettuccini, linguini
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cup cubed butternut squash
- 1 ½ cup brussels sprouts, top trimmed, and halved
- 1 red onion chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 cup Fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven the 400˚F
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the package instructions. When ready, drain.
- Place the chopped vegetables on baking sheet and add olive, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked add the vegetables to the pasta, mix well.
- Stir parsley and feta cheese and drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil, if you like. Top with toasted pine nuts.
- Serve warm
Keywords: pasta, fall, squash, vegetarian