These Caprese Galzones are amazing, and super easy to make! You can use a homemade pizza dough or the balls prepared in advance at your grocery store, we find this in the freezing department with pastry.
Confession: I totally buy mine! This makes supper very easy and quick. I also keep homemade pizza sauce in my freezer, so I always have it!
THESE CAPRESE GALZONES WITH TOMATOES AND MOZZARELLA ARE INCREDIBLES, AND SUPER EASY TO DO! YOU CAN USE A HOME PIZZA DOUGHT OR PURCHASED
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: main dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 pizza dough
- 2 to matoes
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded (I use the vegan brand Gusta it melt very well)
- 1/4 cup Pizza sauce
- Basil leaves to taste.
- 1 tbsp Herbs of Provence
- salt pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Spread the dough on a floured work surface.
- Cut 4 dough discs of the same diameter.(About 5 inch)
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough discs, sprinkle with herbs of Provence.
- Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Clean and cut the tomatoes into slices.
- Spread the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella on each of the dough disks.
- Close the discs by folding one side down.
- Press the edges with your fingers moistened with water.
- Bake the calzone for 20 to 25 minutes
- Serve hot.