Everyone knows the traditional Christmas log that we serve for dessert, it's super pretty and festive. That's why I took this idea as inspiration to create a Cheesy Log Appetizer that can be served as an aperitif or in a buffet with bread or crackers.
This log is an explosion of flavors in the mouth. The cheese mix contains a multitude of condiments like artichokes, olives, sundried tomatoes and roasted peppers which make every bite different, but just as delicious.
This log can be prepared up to 4 days in advance; simply omit the garnish on top and put it in at the last minute. However, be sure to tell your family that it is to eat later, because the same was eaten in two steps three movements by my teenagers! One thing is certain this recipe is coming back in my Christmas meal prep this weekend, because it is a guaranteed success.
THIS RECIPE IS IN COLLABORATION WITH SARDO
Cheesy Log Appetizer
- 500 g cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon Italian spice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup roasted peppers drained and finely chopped
- ¼ cup marinated artichokes drained and finely chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and finely chopped.
- ½ cup green olives finely chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes with oil roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon roasted peppers drained chopped
- 2 tablespoon marinated artichokes drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoon green olive sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Rosemary sprigs
- Crackers or sliced bread for serving
- Spray a loaf pan with oil, then line the pan with plastic wrap. Make sure it falls on either side.
- Mix the ingredients for the cheese log. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Place the cheese mixture in the loaf pan, with a spatula spread out well and flatten the cheese to make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Cover with the rest of the plastic wrap
- Put in the fridge for at least 5 hours before serving.
- Unmold the log in a presentation plate, remove the plastic wrap.
- Add the garnish and serve at room temperature.