This Crispy Tofu Buffalo Sauce is Super Easy !
The sauce takes less than 5 minutes to make and the Crispy Tofu Buffalo Sauce is so simple, it only takes 30 minutes.
Freezing your extra firm tofu block to remove excess moisture is important for having the right texture. It also helps absorb the marinade. All you need to do is drain the water from your tofu and place it in your freezer at least 8 hours before using it.
If you have any leftover the next day you can spread the leftover crispy tofu on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake at 375 F˚ for about 15 minutes until the tofu slices are heated through. Before serving, add a little more Buffalo sauce,
Serve these tofu bites with crunchy celery sticks and your favorite ranch sauce!
ofu is made from curdled fresh soy milk, which has been compressed into blocks. It is generally 100% gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan.
Tofu has a neutral flavor that easily absord any seasoning you want to add.
Tofu is a vegetarian protein rich in calcium and protein. Tofu is also a great source of amino acids and is low in calories. Try to buy your tofu Organic or GMO-free
There are two main categories of tofu – silky or firm. The silky tofu is soft and liquidy because it contains a high volume of water content. Firm tofu can be medium, firm or extra-firm. For this recipe, you will need firm or extra-firm tofu.
Crispy Tofu Buffalo Sauce
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 6 tbsp of corn starch
- ¼ cup of plant base milk
- BREAD MIX
- 1 cup panko style breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- BUFFALO SAUCE
- ¼ cup hot sauce ideally Franks RedHot
- 3 tbsp. a table of ketchup
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Cut the block of tofu into 8 slices crosswise
- Put the cornstarch in a bowl, the milk in a second bowl and mix the breadcrumb mixture in a third bowl.
- Dip each slice of tofu in the starch, then the milk, then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Place the slices on the prepared baking sheet and repeat the process.
- Cook the prepared tofu at 425 ºF for 10 minutes, turn it over, then cook an additional 10 minutes until the tofu slices are crispy.
- While cooking, prepare the Buffalo sauce. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Out of the oven, dip the tofu slices in the sauce and return to the baking sheet, return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.