Are you ready for the holidays? Do you need the perfect drink to warm you up for your holiday break? This Apple Cider is for you.
Let me introduce a delicious, fresh hot beverage for you to make at the comfort of your own home. This recipe is Apple cider made in a slow cooker. Honestly, this must be by far the best winter warmer for the holiday season. The divine fruity flavour of the apple and oranges. The warm, earthy flavours from the herbs and spices. The ginger adds a nice punch and compliments the apple cider very well.
This recipe is mess-free and easy to make. I like to call this set and forget. Once your ingredients are in the slow cooker, you can sit down and relax. Or even carry on with the rest of your day until the time is up.
My latest video
My favourite part of this brilliant recipe is the overall flavour. I love how the ingredients all work harmoniously with one another and how this cider leaves a sweet aromatic smell lingering in the air. I also love how this beverage can get consumed any time of the year. Perfect for the fall season with its spice mix, perfect for Christmas as a hot beverage to warm up. It also can get drunk on every other day.
The hot apple cider is best served hot and gets perfectly plated in a punch bowl for guests to self-pour their drinks. If you feel like being a little extra for the holiday season with this dish, try adding some whipped cream on top and a whole cinnamon stick for garnishing.
- White White and Cranberries Roasted Cauliflower
- Christmas Pesto and Sundried Tomato Wreath
- Mushroom Stroganoff
Easy Apple Cider
- 10 –12 medium apples quartered
- 2 peeled oranges quartered
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 small piece of ginger about ½ inch
- 16 cups water more or less
- ½ cup maple syrup
- fresh orange slices and cranberries to garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker and add water.
- Heat the cider over high heat until it reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 2 hours
- Once the apple and orange are soft use a wooden spoon to the fruits
- Then cover and simmer for 1 more hour.
- Using strainer, strain out all of the solids and discard into the compost
- Add the maple syrup and stir a little.
- Garnish with fresh orange slices and cranberries and serve warm