Are you ready for the Holidays? Do you need the perfect drink to warm you up? Let me introduce a delicious, hot beverage for you to make in the comfort of your own home; Instant Pot Mulled Apple Cider
This easy recipe is by far the best winter warmer for the holiday season. The divine fruity flavor of the apples, pears, and oranges. The warm, earthy, spicy flavors from the spices add a nice punch and compliments this cider very well.
The best part about this delicious drink is that it's mess-free. Once your ingredients are in the Instant Pot, you can sit down and relax.
Another favorite part of this brilliant recipe is the overall spicy flavor. I love how the ingredients all work harmoniously with one another and how this cider leaves a sweet aromatic smell lingering in the air. I also love how this beverage can get consumed any time of the year. It's a delicious fall drink with its spice mix, and the perfect holiday drink as hot drinks to warm up.
The hot apple cider is best served hot and gets perfectly plated in a punch bowl for guests to self-pour their drinks. If you feel like being a little extra for the holiday season with this dish, try adding some whipped cream on top and a whole cinnamon stick for garnishing.
- Apples: Variety of apples - You can use pink lady or tart apples like granny smith
- Oranges slices
- Star Anise
- Maple Syrup
- Enough water to cover the fresh fruit
See the recipe card for quantities
Wash and cut the apples, the pears, and the oranges, you don’t need to peel the apples and the pears
Add all the ingredients in the instant pot
Close the lid of the instant pot, place the valve on sealing and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. It will take about 20 minutes for the pressure to rise and start the cooking process.
Once cooking is over, release the pressure naturally. Remove the orange, the cinnamon stick, and the star anise from the pot
With the help of a potato masher, mash the rest of the fruits.
Strain the leftovers of the fruit with a fine-mesh sieve. With the back of a wooden spoon press out the rest of the juice from the leftovers
Your cider is ready to serve!
If you want a more spiced apple cider, add 1 teaspoon of whole spices.
You can also make this recipe in a slow cooker, and cook it for 6 hours on low
You can replace half of the water with the apple juice
Keep the apple cider in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
The apple cider last about a week in the fridge
If you leave it out (and sometimes even if you leave it in the fridge, but it'll take longer) the bottle will start to balloon up as the juice ferment
This is pretty much up to your preference. My favorite sweet apples to use is the pink lady and tart apples like a granny smith but you can also Gaia, Fuji, Red delicious, and McIntosh.
- White White and Cranberries Roasted Cauliflower
- Christmas Pesto and Sundried Tomato Wreath
- Mushroom Stroganoff
Instant Pot Apple Cider
- 3 fresh apples or 5 mediums
- 3 larges pears or 5 mediums
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 stars anise
- 1 whole nutmeg
- ¼ cup maple syrup you can also use brown sugar
- Water to cover fruits about 6 to 8 cups
- Wash the apples, the pears, and the oranges, you don’t need to peel the apples and the pears
- Cut in quarters and place in the instant pot
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Close lid of the instant pot, place the valve on sealing and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. It will take about 20 minutes for the pressure to rise and start the cooking process.
- Once cooking is over, do a quick release
- Open the lid carefully and remove the orange, the cinnamon stick, and the star anise from the pot.
- With the help of a potato masher, mash apples and pears.
- Strain the leftovers of the cooked fruit with a fine mesh strainer. With the back of a wooden spoon press out the rest of the juice from the leftovers. You can also use a cheese cloth to strain the fruits.
- Your cider is ready to serve!
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and orange slices if you desired.
- If you want a more spiced apple cider, add 1 teaspoon of whole spices.
- You can also make this recipe in a slow cooker, and cook for 6 hours on low
- You can replace half of the water with the apple juice
- Keep the apple cider in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Leave a Reply