This Easy Sesame Crusted Tofu is perfect for busy nights
Tofu often has a bad reputation, we often say that it’s too bland and that its texture is weird. So this Easy Sesame Crusted Tofu is just the opposite of these preconceived ideas and you will get an incredibly crisp and tasty tofu
This dish made from tofu is super easy and simple. It’s also done in just 20 minutes! With a tangy and refreshing marinade, the tofu slices with sesame is so delicious, you will not miss the meat in this protein-rich dish!
This dish is delicious with kale and quinoa .
Most baked tofu is spongy, but since it’s cooked with sesame seeds, it gives the tofu an irresistible, mellow texture. A vegan meal, gluten free and healthy for a weeknight dinner.
If you would like more inspiration to cook your Tofu here are some recipes to try:
Easy Sesame Crusted Tofu
This Easy Sesame Crusted Tofu is just the opposite of these preconceived ideas and you will get an incredibly crisp and tasty tofu
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 53 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner, main dish
- Cuisine: asian
- 450 g of extra firm tofu cut into eight slices
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- Siracha sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil into a bowl and mix well. Add the tofu slices and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 6 hours.
- Prepare a plate with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Press the tofu slices in the sesame seeds, coat all sides.
- In a skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook 3-minute on each side until golden. Be careful not to burn the sesame seeds