A CLASSIC RECIPE, REINVENTED WITH TOFU.
Everyone knows Swiss Steak, today we change beef for tofu! We end up with this Easy Swiss Tofu, a super comforting dish that allows us to return to our childhood.
You can serve this Easy Swiss Tofu on egg noodles, but you also have plenty of other options, for example, rice, quinoa and even couscous.
If you like classics reinvented the vegetarian way; try this Vegan Vegetables Stew
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST TEXTURE OF TOFU AS A RECIPE
- Soft tofu: Soft tofu is not pressed so it has a slightly milky texture, making it a great alternative for dairy products and eggs in smoothies, desserts and pastries.
- Medium tofu: Medium firm tofu has a moderate moisture content and is a good choice for dishes that do not require a lot of handling, such as in soups. As it can break easily you are better to use it for your soups, salad dressings and dips.
- Firm Tofu: The most popular firmness for tofu beginners! It's perfect for frying and grilling. Do not hesitate to use for your stir-fry, oven dishes, scrambled or to replace meat in all meals.
- Extra firm tofu: My favorite! The firmest of all tofu and in addition it contains, 8g of protein per serving! The consistency makes it suitable for more substantial dishes and to replace meat. Firm tofu and extra firm tofu are very similar, if you can't find extra firm tofu go with the firm and vice versa!
EVEN MORE TOFU RECIPES
Easy Swiss Tofu
- Translation resul½ cup flour1 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 block Cubed or sliced Tofu firm or extra firm
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Combine the flour, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture over the tofu cubes. Mix well to coat
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, turning them until the cubes are golden (4-6 minutes).
- Add the onions, celery and carrots, continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring to combine well. Cover
- Bake at 350 degrees F ˚ for 40 minutes. Take out of the oven, add the peas, wait 5 minutes for the peas to reheat.
- Serve over egg noodles if desired