Cook in one pot this Fall Tofu Skillet is the perfect dinner
In need of a vegetarian fall dish that is full of fall season spirit and is super delicious? This recipe is perfectif you are looking to experiment with something different from their usual fall routine. This Fall Tofu Skillet. is a simple but yummy dish jampacked with flavors. From the Tofu to the apples, the Dijon mustard and the thyme. It's a dish that'll make your taste buds explode !
There are so many highlights of this dish. But I'd have to say that everything all depends on the apples. The apples you use is this recipe will determine the overall flavor. For example, green apples will add a tartness to your dish and doesn't incorporate into the recipe as well as a red apple would.
I chose Mackintosh apples as they are sweet but also being slightly crispy, which is perfect for this dish as they will get cooked on the skillet. You don't want it getting soft/mushy and falling apart like red-delicious apple typically does.
Tofu itself has a very earthy flavor that is hard to describe other than being bland. I love the versatility and how it absorbs the aroma of the thyme and onion. I chose to use the extra firm tofu, which has a crispier texture when it gets cooked and is perfect for holding its shape.
This post is in Collaboration withTuuli high-quality Kitchen wooden product
- Tofu and Vegetables Stew
- Easy sesame Crusted Tofu
- Asian Style Tofu Soup
- General Tso’s Tofu
- Thai Tofu Curry
Fall Tofu Skillet
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 package 14 ounce block
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 apples cored and cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high.
- Sprinkle the top of the tofu slices evenly with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add the tofu and onion to the pan. Let cook 4 minutes, then flip the tofu and continue cooking for 4 additional minutes.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, stir together the apple juice and mustard.
- Add the apple juice mixture to the skillet, the thyme and the apples slices
- Cook for 10 minutes, until the apples are lightly tender and begin to turn golden.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with additional thyme as desired.