In need of a vegetarian fall dish that is full of fall season spirit and is super delicious? This recipe is perfectif you are looking to experiment with something different from their usual fall routine. This Fall Tofu Skillet. is a simple but yummy dish jampacked with flavors.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 block (450gr) extra firm tofu cut in slice (about 1/4 inch)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 medium firm sweet apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme plus additional for serving
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high.
- Sprinkle the top of the tofu slices evenly with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add the tofu and onion to the pan. Let cook 4 minutes, then flip the tofu and continue cooking for 4 additional minutes.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, stir together the apple juice and mustard.
- Add the apple juice mixture to the skillet, the thyme and the apples slices
- Cook for 10 minutes, until the apples are lightly tender and begin to turn golden.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with additional thyme as desired.
- Category: main dish
Keywords: tofu, skillet,