This Gingerbread Granola is a tasty way to start the day!
It uses spices like cinnamon and nutmeg and combines then with molasses and maple syrup to make the most delicious Gingerbread Granola recipe.
At this time of year, I would eat gingerbread cookies for every meal . But I have to set limits! Last week I was making myself a bowl of granola for breakfast and next to it were some gingerbread cookies I made the day before. I said to myself; hey I should add the flavors of my gingerbread recipe to my granola!
I have tried and tested it; it's delicious !! In addition the smell in the house, transport us to the paradise of gingerbread. If you like gingerbread you must try this recipe, you won't be disappointed, I promise!
Ever wonder what to do with granola?
- Add some granola to your breakfast cereal bowl for some extra crunch.
- Top off your yogurt with a sprinkling of your favorite granola.
- Stir some granola into pancake batter for an interesting take on the breakfast classic.
- Coat French toast
- For some extra dimension, add granola to your next smoothie bowl.
- Sprinkle your toast with granola. Peanut butter or chocolate-hazelnut
- Toss in some granola with your oatmeal
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups oatmeal
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup coconut grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- LIQUID INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla extract. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spread the raw granola on the baking sheets. Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Once the granola is visibly golden, remove from the oven and let cool completely
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, you can store in the refrigerator if you want to keep longer.