I always have on hand rich and easy to prepare food like sweet potatoes and chickpeas. The question is to find the right recipes to showcase them. This recipe of Italian Style Stuffed Sweet Potato with chickpeas is a gift for your body, it will allow you to stock up on protein, and it’s also a really gourmet dish.
Italian Style Stuffed Potato
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas
- ¾ cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of Italian spices
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F . Clean the sweet potatoes with a brush. Cut in half and put in a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Cook for about 30 minutes. Sweet potatoes should be tender when you prick them with a fork.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the chickpeas and pour into a bowl with all the spices, cherry tomatoes, black olives and parsley. Mix well
- In an electric mixer, add all the ingredients of the vinaigrette and mix until a homogeneous sauce is obtained.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, crush the skin a little with a fork. Add salt and pepper. Place the chickpea mixture on top and add the vinaigrette.
This article contains affiliate links. Click here to view the disclosure policy. I recommend only the products I know and love!