It cooks quickly, is super yummy and also perfectly crunchy to chew through the nerve-wracking minutes of the game. It’s Loaded Nachos with Vegan Cheese on the plate this time.
- ½ cup cashew raw
- 1 sweet potato large roasted and cooked
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 1 bag (350g) tortilla chips of choice
- 2 medium green onions thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeños finely chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped purple cabbage finely chopped
- 1 tomato
- ½ cup black olive
- Pico de Gallo
- Fresh coriander
- Vegan cheese
- Begin preparing the Vegan Cheese by soaking ½ cup cashews in a small bowl of boiling water for at least 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the chopped sweet potato onto the parchment-lined roasting pan and toss with the oil. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and garlic powder. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- In the food processor add the soaked cashew, nutritional yeast and roasted sweet potatoes. Mix until you have a smooth and melted cheesy texture. Add salt to taste. Reserve the vegan cheese
- Place the tortillas into an oven safe plate or baking sheet. Add on top the jalapenos, the red pepper, the green onion, the cabbage, the tomato and black olive. Place in the Oven for 10 minutes
- Gather any fresh toppings you’d like to use so they’re ready to go.
- It’s now time to dress up those nachos! Layer with all the topping ingredients that you want!
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: nachos, games, vegan