A colorful Mexican Couscous Salad
This Mexican Couscous Salad is amazing and full of incredible flavors, not only is this couscous salad recipe healthy and nutritious, but also incredibly easy to make. Just cook couscous and mix it in a large bowl with the other ingredients, that's it!
Formerly considered a North African delicacy, couscous is now consumed all over the world, in fact it is now easily found in all grocery stores.
Couscous is a cereal that has been made into small balls of durum wheat or semolina flour.
There are three types of couscous: Moroccan, Israeli and Lebanese. Moroccan couscous is the smallest and most easily available version. For this salad I used Moroccan couscous.
Keep your couscous in a cool and dry place so it will keep up to 1 year.
More Couscous Recipes
Mexican Couscous Salad
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 can red beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 colored pepper chopped
- ½ cup black or green olives
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- In a saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Remove from the heat, and add the couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Separate the beans with a fork and let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- In a bowl, mix the cooled couscous and the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the dressing and mix, serve.