These Peanut Butter Energy Bites are perfect for a healthy snack when you’re craving something sweet
Peanut Butter Energy Bites, filled with the good stuff to give a natural and healthy energy boost. And of course, gluten free! It’s the perfect guilt-free snack!
Energy balls have a satiating combination of protein, good carbs, healthy fats, and high in fiber. Each ball offers you between 100-250 calories depending on the ingredients. Also, energy balls are portable, so they are the perfect healthy on-the-go snack before or after your workout!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ENERGY BALLS?
They are full with nutrients, made with super food and whole food, high in protein, healthy carbs, fats, and fiber, which helps build lean muscle mass, boost energy and aid weight maintenance. Essentially, they are simply the guilt-free, energy hit and the perfect snack!
Peanut Butter 101
Peanut butter is a fairly balanced energy source that supplies all of the three macronutrients. A 100g portion of peanut butter contains (4):
- Carbohydrate: 20 grams of carbs (13% of calories), 6 of which are fiber.
- Protein: 25 grams of protein (15% of calories), which is quite a lot compared to most other plant foods.
- Fat: 50 grams of fat, totaling about 72% of calories.
Peanut butter is fairly nutritious. A 100-gram portion of peanut butter provides many vitamins and minerals (4):
- Vitamin E: 45% of the RDA
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 67% of the RDA
- Vitamin B6: 27% of the RDA
- Folate: 18% of the RDA
- Magnesium: 39% of the RDA
- Copper: 24% of the RDA
- Manganese: 73% of the RDA
It is also high in biotin and contains decent amounts of vitamin B5, iron, potassium, zinc and selenium.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Peanut Butter Energy Balls, filled with the good stuff to give a natural and healthy energy boost. And of course, gluten free! It’s the perfect guilt-free snack!
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 20 1x
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup of molasses
- 1 cup cooked quinoa flakes
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- ¼ cup of ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form small balls.
- Refrigerate (at least 30 minutes).
Keywords: bite, energy,