Quinoa is magic. It is an excellent source of protein and it’s absolutely tasty in salad! Today I’m sharing a sweet version with fruit. This Quinoa Fruit Salad With Maple Syrup Dressing is so delicious that it will make you addicted to the wonderful quinoa! This colorful salad is also full of freshness and so easy to make.
For those who didn’t have the chance try quinoa yet, it’s a seed that can be prepared like whole grains such as rice or barley. It’s easy to find now at the grocery store and it’s always a good vegetarian option, plus it’s gluten free !
If you love original salad with fruit in it, you will fall in love with this Asian Mango and Sprouted Bean Salad
Quinoa Fruit Salad With Maple Syrup Dressing
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 380 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: internationnal
- For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- For the maple syrup Dressing:
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- For the fruit:
- 1 pineapple
- 1½ cups grapes
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1½ cups chopped mango
- 3 chopped kiwis
- 3 chopped oranges
- Extra chopped mint for garnish-optional
- First Rinse your quinoa under cold water.
- In a saucepan add quinoa, water, and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and then cover, turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- During that time mix together maple syrup, lemon juice and mint
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, all the chopped fruits and the dressing, Mix well to combine.
- Serve or store in the fridge up the 3 days
This article contains affiliate links. Click here to view the disclosure policy. I recommend only the products I know and love!