This Roasted Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad is super easy to make, and even the most inexperienced person will be able to master this recipe.
I love the golden, caramelized flavour of the roasted sweet potato and the sharpness of the parsley and spring onion. You could eat this Roasted Sweet Potato Salad for lunch or dinner or even used it as a side dish. This dish is bound to impress your guests and family during this holiday season.
This recipe is extremely versatile you could season the sweet potato with sweet paprika, or any spice or herb of your choosing. The dish can be served warm or cold it tastes delicious either way. You could also add greens if you wanted.
One of my favourite parts of this dish is the pomegranate seeds. I love the burst of fresh fruity flavour mixed with the caramelized potato flavour. There is only one word to describe this dish. Delicious!
Sweet potato, in my opinion, is a game-changer. Not only support all diets but, required little to no seasoning due to its natural sweetness. Sweet potato is very high in fibre and antioxidants, and are also super high in Vitamins A, B6 and C. This potato also has many healthy amounts of minerals. It gets believed to help with brain functioning, enhance eye health and vision, and to help support your immune system.
What season is this dish best served? This Roasted sweet potato salad is perfect for October through to December. they get found to be a lot cheaper in the supermarkets and of better quality.
- Cauliflower Mediterranean Salad
- Quinoa Fruit Salad with Maple Syrup dressing
- Gado Gado Salad
- The Best Salad Dressing
Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad
- 1 kg sweet potatoes about 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm (1 inch) pieces
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 3 spring onion finely chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 good handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 ºF
- In a bowl, coat the potato pieces with oil, and season. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes. Flip the potatoes and continue cooking for 15 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Cool and place in a bowl.
- In a bowl, combine bell pepper, pomegranate seeds, parsley and vinegar.
- Drizzle with olive oil, adjust seasoning and serve.