The Formula for making this Bread is incredibly simple: just mix the dough and let it sit overnight.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup more to add at the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- ¼ tsp active yeast
- 1 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- The Dough: In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast and salt. Add 1 3/4 cups of water and stir until well blended; the dough will be sticky. Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for at least 8 hours at room temperature.
- Rising The dough: It's ready when its surface is strewn with bubbles. Lightly flour a work surface and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold it over once or twice. Put the dough in a bowl cover and let stand for 1 hour
- Oven:Preheat the oven to 450 F˚
- Preparing the bread: Make a ball with the dough and flour well with the flour of your choice (all purpose, corn flour, whole wheat. This will prevent the dough from sticking to the bottom of the cast iron.
- Cooking the bread: Put the dough in a cast iron casserole dish, cover with the lid and bake for 25 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes, until the bread is golden brown. Let cool on rack.
- Category: Side
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: internationnal
Keywords: no knead bread, bread,