This Sushi Bowl is balanced and very tasty
Do you like sushi, but don't have the culinary skills or just the patience to make it at home? Here is the ideal solution for you; a Sushi Bowl that can be prepared in no time!
Certainly, I am giving you a recipe for this bowl, but I invite you to use it as a base. Let your imagination go and add the ingredients you want and have on hand. That's why I love this type of bowl, they are super versatile and always so tasty.
Here is another version made with grilled vegetables; Buddha Bowl of Grilled Vegetables
Edamame little secret
Edamame is a soybean seed. They are naturally gluten-free and low in calories, contain no cholesterol, and are a great source of protein, iron, and calcium. A small portion of edamame gives you a bunch of fiber: about the same amount you'll find in 4 slices of whole wheat bread or 4 cups of steamed zucchini.
At the grocery store, you can find two types of edamame in the frozen vegetables section: shelled or in pods. Both are already cooked and ready to be thawed and eaten. I always buy mine organic.
Other Bowls Recipes
- 4 cups white rice cooked
- 1 cup edamames
- 1 English cucumber cubes
- 1 mango cubes
- 2 carrots grated
- ½ cup broccoli sprout optional
- salt pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Put the edamames in a bowl, cover them with water and cook them in the microwave for 3 minutes
- Place the rice in 4 bowls
- Add all the other ingredients on top of the rice.
- Add the dressing and serve.