These Crispy Sweet Potato Burger are awesome and they turned out much better than expected! By looks, it totally got my kids drooling ! I maintained all the authentic essentials like getting the burger buns, frying up a super crisp patty, some fresh salad, a slice of pickle, and the luscious mayo sauce. Making this burger from scratch takes approximately an hour (excluding the time needed for cooking brown rice).
These burgers are quite healthy . It’s the ingredients that make it healthy. Let’s start with the potatoes. The sweet potatoes are excellent to make the gut stronger as they contain fiber and anti-oxidant properties. They are highly nutritious and help in maintaining good vision. I have used cooked brown rice instead of white because in comparison to white rice they contain more protein, are more nutritious, fibrous and help in controlling cholesterol and diabetes. The salad and fresh tomato give the body a daily dose of vitamins and minerals. I have opted to prepare the delectable sauce with vegan mayo. The reason being that unlike the regular mayo it contains lesser cholesterol and saturated fat.
So don’t wait give your taste-buds some new and unique flavours with this Crispy Sweet Potatoes Burger! They look wonderful, taste delicious and are surprisingly healthy.
If you want more summer inspiring recipes you are going to love theses ones :
Sweet Potatoe Burger
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup cookeD brown rice or white
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup panko bread
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 Burger buns
- 1 to mato slice
- 1 large pickle slice
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Chop and boil the sweet potato about 20 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water
- In a bowl mash the sweet potatoes, add the cooked rice and mix well. Add ½ cup of panko bread crumbs and mix, Add salt and pepper to taste. Let mixture cool
- Form 4 patties, and press each patty onto a plate of panko bread crumbs, both side, until it’s well covered.
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet and heat over medium heat. Once the skillet is nice and hot cook the patties. Flip after a few minutes and make the other side crispy. ( you can also grilled the patties on the grill 8 minutes on each side)
- Mix all the ingredients of the sauce together.
- Assemble the burger with the patties, salad, tomatoes, pickles and the sauce, serve.20