Looking for a special soup to serve? You should consider this creamy Sweet Potatoes and Red Pepper Soup! The perfect confort soup to warm you up
In the Honor of the Sweet Potato month I created this Creamy Vegan Sweet Potatoes and Red Pepper Soup is cooked in vegetable stock with marinated grilled red pepper, brown rice, and an onion.
Looking for a special soup to serve? You should consider this creamy sweet potato soup! Soooo yummy. The perfect confort soup to warm you up !
This creamy Vegan Sweet Potato Soup and Red Pepper is one that shows up around here regularly.
If you like an extra kick of heat, try adding some red Thai curry paste. It gives this an extra layer of flavor – totally optional but SO SO good.
It’s terrific with a little Soya milk to give it the creamiest texture !
How to choose your sweet potatoes
Prime harvest season lasts from October to January but you can usually find fresh ones in stores throughout the year.
Sweet Potatoes and Red Pepper Soup
- 3 sweet potatoes cubed
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ cup pickled red peppers
- ½ cup brown rice
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 8 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup soy milk salt and pepper to taste
- Add the chopped onions and sauté in 2 tbsp of water for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes, vegetable broth, red pepper and brown rice.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork and the brown rice is cooked, about 40 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- Add soy milk to the soup, mix well Add salt and pepper to taste.