This Red Tofu Curry is perfect to add in your Meal Prep
This Thai Curry Tofu tastes absolutely phenomenal! It's bursting with rich, bold flavors and is sure to please the whole family! I also show you how to make deliciously seasoned and flavorful crispy tofu for this recipe!
If you've been hesitant to include tofu in your menu, this Thai Curry is a great place to start. It's made with ingredients that are easy to find.
Serve it over rice noodle with lime wedges and you have a very, very tasty meal!
More Tofu Recipes
Red Tofu Curry
This Thai Curry Tofu tastes absolutely phenomenal! It’s bursting with rich, bold flavors and is sure to please the whole family!
- ½ package rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- Pinch of salt more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic squeezed or minced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips 2 inches long
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste *
- 1 can (14 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 14 ounce extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast you can also use breadcrumbs
- Fresh coriander
- sliced lime
- Spring onion
- Place the vermicelli in a large bowl. Add boiling water to the vermicelli and leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Heat a wok or large, deep-sided skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the oil. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened and becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the peppers and the broccoli florets. Cook until peppers are tender, 3 to 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the curry paste and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, water, maple syrup and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the wok from the heat and season with tamari and rice vinegar. Add salt to taste.
- First preheat the oven to 425F. Drain the liquid from the tofu and "squeeze" the extra liquid by wrapping it in a clean tea towel or using a tofu press. Try to dry it as much as possible!
- Cut the tofu into equal cubes.
- Add the cubed tofu to a large bowl and toss gently with the Tamari, until evenly coated. Add the garlic powder and nutritional yeast, then mix gently until coated.
- Transfer the cubes to a baking sheet covered with a silicone mat, leaving a space between the cubes. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes, then gently flip the cubes. Bake for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Divide the vermicelli, curry and crispy tofu between bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and lime slices.
Calories: 378kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 15gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gCalcium: 82mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?TAG Noble Veggies
Leave a Reply