In this version of The Best vegan Chili I assure you you won't miss the meat
Here is a recipe for The Best Vegan Chili, in addition to being super delicious this chili is so easy to make, put everything in a saucepan and let it simmer!
In this recipe I add carrots and peppers, but you can add the vegetables you have in the fridge. Do not limit yourself, the more vegetables you aa in your chili, the more flavorful it will be.
This Chili will keep in the refrigerator for 3-5 days and can also be frozen for 4 to 5 months.
If you like this type of recipe you will surely like its recipes:
The Best Vegan Chili
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red and orange peppers diced
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 can of 398ml diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 cans of 398 ml red beans rinsed and drained
- Heat a heavy saucepan over medium heat add the oil, the onion a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the garlic, bell peppers and carrots and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the vegetables soften, stirring several times.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and stir. Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir once or twice.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!