Have you heard about the craziness of TikTok Tortillas recipes? The first time I saw this concept was on an Instagram story when I was in the dentist's waiting room. I was so impressed with the simplicity of the recipe, and the fact that these tortillas looked so delicious that I said a WOW aloud… .. The receptionist wondered what I was looking at!
This Tortilla trend first appeared on TikTok in early 2021. The formula is simple: place the ingredients in quarters on the tortillas, fold them up on themselves and sear them in a pan or panini press. I show you all in the photos below.
1- Often when I have tortillas that are no longer fresh, I make croutons for my salads.
It’s super easy to do! I tear them into small pieces, I put it on a baking sheet, I coat them with a little oil, salt, pepper, spices of your choice (optional) and I put them in the oven at 250 F˚for 15 to 20 minutes.
2- You can also make This famous hummus and bell peppers pinwheels.
3- A banana tortilla, peanut butter is always a winner for busy mornings.
4- Use tortillas as a base for making pizzas
How to fold the tortillas
Fold the tortillas, starting with the bottom left quarter, folding it at the top left, then folding it up to the right, then folding it down to the right. If you are adding cheese, add it to the last quarter at the bottom right to make sure it will melt when you grill it.
Ingredients you can find in a Tortillas Wrap
- Vegetables: onions, tomatoes, peppers, salads, mushrooms
- Protein: tofu, legumes, or eggs.
- A sauce: hummus, salsa, guacamole
Quick Lunch Recipes
- Place the tortilla on a cutting board. Take a knife and cut a line from the center of the tortilla to the bottom edge.
- Starting with the lower left quarter, add the avocado slices.
- In the upper left quarter, spread the salsa.
- On the upper right quarter, add the scrambled tofu.
- Finally, on the last quarter, add the cheese slices.
- Starting with the lower left corner and fold it over the upper left corner.
- Then fold it up at the top right.
- Finally, fold it to the bottom right.
- Toast in a skillet over medium heat until the tortilla is crisp and the cheese melts, turning once, about 3-4 minutes per side.