Are you wondering what recipe to make with tofu that your whole family can enjoy? Look no further this Tofu Parmigiana is the the recipe for you.
- ¼ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup prepared marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Cut tofu lengthwise into 4 rectangular and pat dry.
- In a bowl beat the egg and dip the tofu it.
- In a large plate mix breadcrumb, garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Press the tofu slices in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tofu steaks and cook until browned on both side, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the tofu steak from the skillet and place a baking sheet, top with marinara sauce, parmesan and mozzarella and place order the broiler for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.
The equipment are affiliate links of products I use and love!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: tofu, Baked, Italian, vegetarian,