This Vegan Caesar Salad is full of Flavor with is Bruxelles Sprout
A classic reinvented! Even if this salad is without chicken, anchovies and dairy products, this Vegan Caesar Salad has everything to please! A crunchy texture, a multitude of flavors and freshness.
This salad is made with Brussels sprouts wrapped in a creamy garlic vinaigrette, with lemony acidity and lots of fresh cracked black pepper, topped with fresh croutons of crispy tofu.
It's delicious, ready in under 5 minutes and you only need 4 ingredients to make it. Wonderfully good!
- 1 cup of unsalted raw cashews (150 g)
- 4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Add all the ingredients in a food processor or a powerful blender and mix until well combined.
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 1 month.
To prepare them yourself, cut a few pieces of stale bread into cubes and even with extra firm tofu. Drizzle with oil (about 1 tbsp per cup of cubed bread or tofu) Season to taste. Then sauté over medium heat until golden and toasted!
Ingredients for a tasty Vegan Dressing
- Raw cashews, for smoothness
- Raw garlic
- Lemon juice, for freshness
- Dijon's mustard
- Capers, for a salty flavor
Don't forget to soak your cashews! But if you forget, don't worry! Boiling them for 15 minutes works in a pinch.
The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days or in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
You can easily turn this salad into a meal by adding protein: try chickpeas, tofu, or tempeh.
Can this salad be made gluten free? Yes! Just use your favorite gluten-free bread to make the croutons!
Vegan Caesar Salad
For the Caesar dressing
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 4 to 8 hours, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ to 1 cup water divided
- Salt to taste
For the Caesar salad
- 4 cups Brussels Sprouts. finely chopped
- parsley finely chopped
- Vegan Parmesan cheese
- Place the cashews, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and ¼ cup water in the bowl of a food processor. Mix
- Dilute with ½ to ¾ cup more water, too desired thickness.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste.
- Keep the excess vinaigrette in a container in the fridge.
- Place Brussels Sprout and croutons in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette, sprinkle with parsley and vegan Parmesan. Put in the fridge for 1 hour to allow the dressing to soften the Brussels sprouts.
- Serve as a side dish or main course.