If there was a competition for the most heartwarming soup, this Vegan Cream of Tomato soup would be a serious contender.
In this Vegan Cream of Tomato we find a combination of fresh roasted tomatoes and canned crushed tomatoes for perfect taste and texture. Fresh basil and broth are just the right amount for the perfect balance. The soy cream adds depth to the taste and a super creamy texture. Easy to prepare, once you have roasted the tomatoes, the soup will be prepared in about 30 minutes!
If you like soups, you will find a multitude of recipes ideas in this blog post on comforting hearthy soups.
This tasty, creamy soup is mostly a classic from our childhood that we fall in love with from the first bite and still love.It’s simple, easy, and the best part is kids and adults love this soup.
In about 30 minutes you can have a delicious dinner for the whole family. Plus, you probably already have everything you need to prepare this recipe in your pantry.
Tomato is technically considered a fruit but is generally lumped into the category of vegetables as a practice. Tomatoes form an integral part of cuisines across the globe, especially in the Mediterraneanregion. Daily consumption of tomatoes provides a great boost to health, along with improving the flavor of food. You can find them in different foods like pasta, pizzas, ketchup, and various beverages. They are relatively easy to cultivate and grow very quickly, making them a great food source, which is a big reason why tomatoes are a staple food for many nations.
The health benefits of tomatoes include eye care, good stomach health, and reduced blood pressure. They help us manage diabetes, skin problems, and urinary tract infections. Furthermore, they improve digestion, stimulate blood circulation, reduce cholesterol levels, improve fluid balance, protect the kidneys, detoxify the body, prevent premature aging, and reduce inflammation. They are also a rich source of vitamins and minerals and exert a protective effect against cardiovascular diseases.
- Vegan Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Asian Style Tofu Sou
- Squash and Pear Soup
- Sweet Potato and Bell pepper soup
Vegan Cream of Tomato
In this Vegan Tomato Cream we find a combination of fresh roasted tomatoes and canned crushed tomatoes for perfect taste and texture. Fresh basil and broth are just the right amount for the perfect balance.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 23
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- 1 can (450 ml) crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (which you will have roasted in the oven)
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy cream (I use Belsoy brand soy cooking)
- Preheat the oven to 400 ˚ F. put the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet add olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes
- Place roasted tomatoes, canned tomatoes, broth and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire; Using a hand mixer, grind the soup to the desired texture
- Add the basil and soy cream, mix well.
- Pour into soup bowls garnish with fresh basil, croutons, cherry tomatoes and vegan cheese if desired.
Keywords: Soup, cream, tomato