If there was a competition for the most heartwarming soup, this Tomate Soup with Coconut Milk would be a serious contender.
In this Vegan Cream of Tomato, we find a combination of fresh roasted tomatoes and canned crushed tomatoes for perfect taste and texture. Fresh basil and broth are just the right amounts for the perfect balance. The soy cream adds depth to the taste and a super creamy texture. Easy to prepare, once you have roasted the tomatoes, the soup will be prepared in about 30 minutes!
This tasty, creamy soup is mostly a classic from our childhood that we fall in love with from the first bite and still love.It's simple, easy, and the best part is kids and adults love this soup.
In about 30 minutes you can have a delicious dinner for the whole family. Plus, you probably already have everything you need to prepare this recipe in your pantry.
Tomate Soup with Coconut Milk
- 1 can (18 ounce) can crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes which you will have roasted in the oven
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup coconut milk I use Belsoy brand soy cooking
- Preheat the oven to 400 ˚ F. put the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet add olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes
- Place roasted tomatoes, canned tomatoes, broth and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire; Using a hand mixer, grind the soup to the desired texture
- Add the basil and coconut milk, mix well.
- Pour into soup bowls garnish with fresh basil, croutons, cherry tomatoes and vegan cheese if desired.
Leave a Reply