Saint Patrick's Day is fast approaching! And what better way to celebrate with this Vegan Irish stew. A super tasty and substantial meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Block firm tofu
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (473ml) beer
- 8 oz mushrooms in half
- 2 ½ cups baby potatoes, halved
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until it turns golden.
- Cut the tofu into cubes of 1 inch each, place the cubes in a bowl and coat them in flour.
- Add the tofu to the saucepan with the onions and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients, reduce the heat and simmer, uncover for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- If you love stew with a tick sauce, it's important to add something that will thicken the mixture. All you have to do is to sprinkling flour on the tofu before sautéing it. During cooking, this will thicken the sauce.
- Don't over cook it, after a while, the flavors and textures just tend to degrade.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: Irish, Stew, Irish Stew, Tofu