This creamy homemade vegan pasta alla voldka is the perfect recipe for a romantic evening or a dinner with friends! It’s very simple to prepare and I promise you’ll never want to go back to the store-bought sauce.
- 1/2 cup of cashews soaked in boiling water 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 big diced onion
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can of diced tomatoes 28 ounces
- 1/4 cup of vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and more to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for serving
- Drain and rinse the cashews
- Add the cashews in food processor or blender with 1/4 cup of water. Mix gently until you have a smooth texture. (like cream)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Sauté for about five minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and continue to sauté for one minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and vodka. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Continue cooking over low heat for about fifteen minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cashew mixture to the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, until everything is hot. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta and garnish with fresh basil
- Top with vegan parmesan if desired
- Category: Main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: alla vodka, pasta