Zesty, colorful and healthy, this Vegetable Tian is everyone’s favorite side dish.
Packed with an assortment of thinly-sliced, zucchini, and tomatoes, this dish is baked until crispy. The vegetables are baked until they soften up but don’t lose their freshness. If you want, you can also add eggplant and onion to it. It’s layered with a bed of cheesy Parmesan topping that adds an explosion of scrumptiousness to the dish.
As soon as you dig your teeth in the first bite, your mouth will explode with an assortment of hearty flavors. The tender, yet crisp zucchini and the succulent tomatoes make an incredible combination – it’s a match made in heaven! The richness of the cheese makes this recipe just perfect.
Vegetable Tian is a colorful side dish that will make your mouth pool with water as soon as you set your eye on it. This side dish adds a pinwheel of color to your dining table and lures everyone in. It’s a quite pretty sight to look at. If you’re a perfectionist and want all the veggies to have a uniform look, try using a mandolin to get the same diameter for each slice. Ideally, each slice should be about 1/4 inch in diameter.
If you’re craving for a taste of freedom in flavors, you must not miss out on this Tian. It will take you on a journey of alluring flavors. The melted cheese topping looks enticing as it blends with the crispy, yet tender zucchini and tomatoes.
Zesty, colorful and healthy, this Tian is everyone’s favorite side dish. Packed with an assortment of thinly-sliced, zucchini, and tomatoes, this dish is baked until crispy
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: sidedish
- 2 green zucchinis, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 yellow zucchinis sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 5 Italian tomatoes, hulled, seeded, sliced into 1/4 inch
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (parmesan, mozzarella or fresh goat cheese)
- Place the zucchinis and tomatoes slices in a bowl. Season with salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix. Leave to macerate for 15 minutes.
- Place the vegetables alternately in the dish. Tighten well.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder salt and pepper.
- Add cheese on top
- Bake at 400 ° F for 45 minutes.
- Tian can be prepared ahead and eaten lukewarm.
Keywords: vegetable, casserole, vegetarian