This vegetarian paella recipe will give you a taste of travel to the land of the sun: Spain. A very simple classic dish to make, full of vegetables, perfect for spring.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil divided
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups of Arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Saffron
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper (color of choice) sliced
- 340 g green beans chopped in 1 inch
- 1 can (14.1 oz) artichoke hearts drained and cut in half
- 5 boiled eggs
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 250 g cherry tomatoes on the vine (optional)
Grilled tomato (optional step)
- Preheat the oven to 375 ˚F
- Place the tomatoes in an oven-safe dish and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cook the eggs; in a saucepan add 2 cups of water and add the eggs, bring the water to a boil, once the boiling point is reached, turn off the heat, cover and reserve for 15 minutes.
- Run the eggs under cold water and peel them, cut in half and reserve.
- In a large saucepan add the rest of the olive oil and cook the onion for 3 minutes, add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and spices to the saucepan, mix well and cook for 1 minute
- Slowly add the broth and tomatoes and bring to boil at medium heat. Cook 2 minute
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes without stirring.
- After 15 minutes of cooking add the bell pepper and green beans, mix gently and continue cooking for another 10 minutes, still without mixing.
- After 25 minutes of cooking, the broth should have evaporated.
- Remove from heat, add the artichokes, mix.
- Garnish with green onions, fresh parsley, boiled eggs and grilled tomatoes if desired.
- Usually, the paella is served in its baking dish directly on the table.
- If your rice is not completely cook, you can add a little bit of water or broth. The important thing is that the liquid is completely absorbed at the end of cooking.
- Always allow your paella to rest for 5 minutes before serving: This will allow for the aromas to develop.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: Paella, rice dish,