Are you sick of making the same dish every year for the holidays? Catering for a meat-free household or are meat-free yourself? This Vegetarian Stuffing is just for you.
With Thanksgiving and the holiday season coming up quickly, this Vegetarian Stuffing is perfect for those last-minute cooking dishes that takes out all the hard work for you. Stuffing isn’t just good for stuffing birds with, this recipe tastes so much better on its own.
This casserole is every bit of perfection. Delightfully and crunchy on the outer layer and gets softer as you dig your spoon into the dish. The fresh ingredients play a crucial role in making this dish full of flavor.
I love how all the ingredients come together and create this wonderful aroma that fills the air. Your guests are bound to want to dig into this dish. The earthiness from the oregano and thyme. The sweet notes from the cranberries. The unmissable crunchy texture from the pumpkin seeds and crusty white or wheat bread. Finally, the potent flavors from the onion, and celery.
With this Vegetarian Stuffing recipe taking just under an hour to make, there’s no harm in not trying to create this wonderful dish. And how could you go wrong with only a four-step direction?
Tip: If you want the bread to be crunchier like croutons, toast them first, they won’t suck up as much vegetable broth.
Crowd Pleaser RecipesPrint
This Vegetarian Stuffing is every bit of perfection. Delightfully crunchy on the outer layer and gets softer as you dig your spoon into the dish. The fresh ingredients play a crucial role in making this dish full of flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Sidedish
- 1/2 loaf of white bread cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. at t. fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tbsp. at t. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup dry cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Combine bread, onions, celery, bell pepper, oregano, thyme, vegetable broth and egg in a large bowl. Place in an oven safe dish. Cover with greased aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds; cook for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cranberries.
Keywords: stuffing, holiday, thanksgiving