Add the quinoa and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
In a large bowl add all the ingredients. With a wooden spoon mix well to combine everything. You will end up with a sticky dough that holds together.
With your hand, form small balls about 1 inch of diameter.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- ¾ natural peanut butter instead of almond butter
- ¼ cup of honey instead of maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of hemp seeds instead of flax seeds
- To make easier to roll the balls, you can place the bowl with the mixture in fridge for 30 minutes.
- You can keep the energy ball in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg