Ultra-greedy: here is the best Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
This is a sweet classic that everyone loves: Easy to prepare, enjoy this tasty Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips at breakfast, as a snack, as a dessert … in short, all the time!
Making a Banana Bread is an effective way to avoid waste with our bananas. And you can also easily use the banana that has been waiting in the freezer.
- Firm & free of bruises
- Stems and tips should be intact
- The fruit will typically move from 1 stage of ripeness to the next in 1 day—keep this in mind as you select your bananas at the grocery store.
- Bananas, like all things that are grown, will vary in size. Select the bananas that are sized best for your appetite & lifestyle.
- Store bananas at room temperature
- To speed up the ripening process, place the bananas in a brown bag with an apple, tomato or avocado.
- To slow down the ripening process, place the bananas in a brown bag & store at a cool temperature (50-65F). Bananas can be placed in the refrigerator, but the peel will discolor due to the cold temp. The fruit will not be affected.
- To freeze bananas, simply peel & seal in a plastic bag. For best results, use your frozen bananas within 2 months.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas, yogurt and baking soda, set aside.
- In a third bowl, combine the applesauce, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the banana mixture into the liquid mixture. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is moist.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled loaf pan. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350 ° F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Unmold the bread and let cool completely.