A must at any buffet, barbecue or potluck, this grandma's macaroni salad is made with yogurt, so it's healthier than traditional salads.
This grandma's macaroni salad full of vegetables is quick, easy and can be made two days ahead! Just make sure to mix it well before serving. A perfect accompaniment to grilled Mediterranean tofu and tomato basil panini
How to keep the macaroni salad moist when you have leftover?
The next day, your salad may be a little dry, not to worry, simply mix a little bit of nature yogurt with 1 or 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the salad. Mix well.
How long can I keep this creamy macaroni salad in the refrigerator?
Up to 5 days in an airtight container. You can not freeze this salad.
Should you rinse macaroni after I drain it?
Yes rinse the pasta under cold water just after you drained it, this way you macaroni pasta won't stick together.
Macaroni: You can use any short pasta you have on hand for this recipe
Mayonnaise: I use a vegan mayo, but you can also use regular one.
Maple Syrup: If you don't have any maple syrup, you can also use honey
White wine vinegar: You can also use red wine vinegar or regular white vinegar
Creamy Macaroni Salad
For the salad
- 1 ½ cup macaroni
- 1 bell pepper cut into small cubes
- 2 grated carrots
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, bell pepper, carrots, green onions and parsley
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard and vinegar.
- Add the vinaigrette to the pasta.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator