A must at any buffet, barbecue or potluck, the creamy macaroni salad is made with yogurt, so it's a little healthier than traditional salads.
This creamy salad full of vegetables is quick, easy and can be made two days ahead! Just make sure to mix it well before serving. A perfect accompaniment to grilled Mediterranean tofu and tomato basil panini
How to keep the macaroni salad moist when you have leftover?
The next day, your salad may be a little dry, not to worry, simply mix a little bit of nature yogurt with 1 or 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the salad. Mix well.
How long can I keep this creamy macaroni salad in the refrigerator?
Up to 5 days in an airtight container. You can not freeze this salad.
Should you rinse macaroni after I drain it?
Yes rinse the pasta under cold water just after you drained it, this way you macaroni pasta won't stick together.
Macaroni: You can use any short pasta you have on hand for this recipe
Mayonnaise: I use a vegan mayo, but you can also use regular one.
Maple Syrup: If you don't have any maple syrup, you can also use honey
White wine vinegar: You can also use red wine vinegar or regular white vinegar
Creamy Macaroni Salad
For the salad
- 1 ½ cup macaroni
- 1 bell pepper cut into small cubes
- 2 grated carrots
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, bell pepper, carrots, green onions and parsley
- In another bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard and vinegar.
- Add the vinaigrette to the pasta.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator