This Spicy Lentil Stew is the quintessential fall or winter meal to serve. This stew recipe is sure to fill you up!
Others Stew Recipes
Spicy Lentil Stew
This lentil stew recipe is sure to fill you up!
- 1 can lentil rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon srichacha sauce
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tomato chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- In a saucepan heated the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, celery and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, lentils srichache and broth. Mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add couscous and basil and mix well. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. With a fork separate the grains from the couscous.
- When serving, put the couscous in a 4 bowls, garnish the couscous with the lentil stew, the tomato and the fresh basil.
Calories: 226kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 7gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gCalcium: 35mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?TAG Noble Veggies
This looks delicious. I love lentils and make lentil soup frequently, particularly during the cooler months. But have never made lentil stew. Love the idea of serving it over couscous.
For sure you will love this lentil stew !
I love lentils and I love a good stew. What I like about this recipe is how fast and easy it comes together.
Hi Sabine ! Thanks you 🙂
Maricruz Avalos Flores
Your photos are gorgeous and the recipe seems delicious. Btw, lentils are my thing! I love everything with them. From stews, soups to tacos and burgers!
Cool ! If lentil are your thing , for sure you need to try this recipe !!
This looks so fragrant and fresh, not to mention healthy. Can't wait to try it!
Thanks Jessica, Really appreciate it 🙂
This is so easy and tasty. I love that it is on the table in half an hour.
Thank you so much Jeff! I'm glad you liked it 🙂