Who wants a bowl of fried vegan rice for lunch? I love to do this kind of meal for lunch. It’s easy and so quick to make, plus it's completely and meatless. If you love Asian food, this Fried Rice with Edamames recipe is for you! iIt’s ready in 35 minutes top, here you have an easy and fast weeknight dinner.
One of the main qualities of rice it is versatility: it can be prepared in a ton of ways, and with almost anything! Today, we cook this Fried Rice with Edamames, with the vegetable I add in the fridge, you can do the same ! Add tamari and hoisin sauce for an amazing result and a mix of flavors that will charm you every time.
I always have edamame in my freezer to add to many of my dishes, because whatever the form and type of preparation, Edamame are a rich combination of nutrients that can bring many health benefits.
Asian Inspired Recipes
EDAMAME LITTLE SECRET
Edamame is a soybean seed. They are naturally gluten-free and low in calories, contain no cholesterol, and are a great source of protein, iron, and calcium. A small portion of edamame gives you a bunch of fiber: about the same amount you’ll find in 4 slices of whole wheat bread or 4 cups of steamed zucchini.
At the grocery store, you can find two types of edamame in the frozen vegetables section: shelled or in pods. Both are already cooked and ready to be thawed and eaten. I always buy mine organic.
Fried Rice With Edamame
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 chopped green onions
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper in small cubes
- 1 stalk of celery chopped in cubes
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen edamames
- In a wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions and cook for 1 minute. Add broccoli, pepper, celery garlic and ginger. Cook 4 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the rice is hot.
- Add tamari sauce, sriracha sauce, sesame oil and frozen edamame. Cook, stirring, 3 minute.