This General Tso's Cauliflower is the perfect weeknight dinner
The whole family LOVES this General Tso's cauliflower recipe. They love it when a vegetarian dish is reminiscent of the 'real deal' but when it's even more delicious.
For a long time I wanted to find a vegetarian option other than tofu for a this recipe, so I made cauliflower version and bang the whole family are in love, it's so delicious! Now, this dish is super often on the menu.
You can also try my Tofu General Tso’s recipe.
Others Cauliflower Recipes
General Tso's Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cups soy milk plain, unsweetened
- ¾ cup unbleached flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cauliflower in florets
- 3 green onions chopped
- ¼ cups sesame seeds roasted
- ¼ cup tamari sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- A clove of garlic finely chopped
- ½ tsp sambal eolek
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Soak the cauliflower florets
- Place the florets on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes
- During this time prepare the sauce.
- Place the tamari sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and sambal haleck in a small saucepan.
- On medium heat, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to dilute it and then add to the sauce. Mix well.
- Take the florets out of the oven, add to the sauce and mix well to coat the florets with the sauce.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions