This General Tso’s Cauliflower is the perfect weeknight dinner
The whole family LOVES this General Tso’s cauliflower recipe. They love it when a vegetarian dish is reminiscent of the ‘real deal’ but when it’s even more delicious.
For a long time I wanted to find a vegetarian option other than tofu for a General Tso’s, so I made cauliflower version and bang the whole family are in love, it’s so delicious! Now, this dish is super often on the menu.
Others Cauliflower RecipesPrint
General Tso’s Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cups soy milk (plain, unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cauliflower (in florets)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cups roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- A clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp sambal eolek
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Soak the cauliflower florets
- Place the florets on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes
- During this time prepare the sauce.
- Place the soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and sambal haleck in a small saucepan.
- On medium heat, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to dilute it and then add to the sauce. Mix well.
- Take the florets out of the oven, add to the sauce and mix well to coat the florets with the sauce.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions
Keywords: general tso’s, cauliflower