If you're looking for an easy slow cooker Honey Garlic Butter Chicken recipe, then look no further!
This easy weeknight meal is packed with Asian flavor and couldn't be simpler to prepare. The best part is that you just mix together all the delicious ingredients, place them in a slow cooker, and go about your day. After some slow heat on low temperature, you'll have yourself a succulent chicken dish with a savory sauce that's sure to tantalize your taste buds and become a family favorite!
To make this recipe you will need these simple ingredients
· boneless, skinless chicken thighs or skinless chicken breasts
· fresh garlic minced or 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
· black pepper
· soy sauce
· butter melted
· apple cider vinegar
· cornstarch plus water
· green onions finely chopped
* Red pepper flakes and sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions step-by-step with photos
To make this savory chicken dish just follow these basic steps
Step 1: Place the chicken pieces into the slow cooker, add garlic, and season with salt and pepper
Step 2: In a small bowl, add the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, butter, and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
Step 3: Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker 5 hours after it started to cook.
Step 4: Add the cornstarch to the sauce in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Return the chicken to the slow cooker and continue cooking for 1 hour.
You can easily customize Slow Cooker Honey and Garlic Chicken with your favorite ingredients. Some great additions include diced bell peppers, pineapple chunks, sliced mushrooms, snow peas, chopped scallions, diced celery, and sliced carrots. You can also add a little bit of sesame oil for an added boost of flavor.
Storing is easy and straightforward. Once cooked, the chicken should be cooled completely before transferring it to an airtight container or ziplock bag. When storing, make sure to keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or sealed and frozen for up to 4 months.
To reheat, simply thaw the chicken in the refrigerator overnight if frozen and transfer to a saucepan. Heat it up on low heat until it’s thoroughly warmed and enjoy!
What can I serve as sides of the chicken?
White brown or cauliflower rice, steamed veggies, like green beans and broccoli.
Yes, Slow Cooker Honey and Garlic Chicken can definitely be served as an appetizer. Simply cut the chicken into smaller bite-sized pieces or use chicken wings but make sure to adjust the cooking time. Serve with toothpicks for easy snacking of honey garlic chicken bites!
You can also get creative and serve the chicken on a bed of lettuce for added crunch.
Other quick dinner ideas
Honey Garlic Butter Chicken
- slow cooker
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch plus water plus water
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- red pepper flakes and sesame seeds to garnish optional
- Place the chicken pieces into the slow cooker, add garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in the microwave
- In a small bowl, add the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, butter, and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker 5 hours after it started to cook.
- Add the cornstarch to the sauce in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice if desired.
- Top with green onion.
- Serve on top of white rice and a side of vegetables if desired