Mushroom Stroganoff is rich and creamy weeknight or weekend comfort food! This Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff pasta dish is ready in no time and is packed with delicious hearty mushrooms!
This vegan stroganoff that’s nothing short of delicious…and so comforting too. Promise, you will not miss the meat, but you will be asking for seconds.
If you love pasta recipe, you can also try these other delicious recipes
Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
This Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff pasta dish is ready in no time and is packed with delicious hearty mushrooms!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: main dish
- Cuisine: internationnal
- 1 pound linguini
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 small sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup plant-base yogurt
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente in boiling, salted water according to package instructions.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and mushrooms, and stir to combine. Continue cooking for an additional 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked and tender. Add the white wine, and deglaze the pan by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable stock, Worcestershire and flour until smooth. Pour the vegetable stock mixture into the pan with the mushroom, along with the thyme, and stir to combine. Let the mixture simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and mix evenly into the sauce. Taste, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately with pasta.