This Tofu Rice Paper Rolls are full of texture
Inside you have rice vermicelli, crunchy vegetables and usually some type of meat or seafood, but here I decided to put some tofu. So many textures, flavors and colors wrapped in a small package. These Vegetarian Fresh Spring rolls are super good and a feast for the eyes.
My Latest Video
Others Fresh Recipes
Chickpea and Cauliflower Salad
Tofu Rice Paper Rolls
These Tofu Rolls are one of my family favorite food. They are all about texture. Inside you have rice noodles, crisp vegetables and usually it come with some type of meat or seafood, but here I decided to use tofu. So many textures, flavors and colors wrapped in a small package. They are super good!
- 1 extra firm tofu block
- 1 packet vermicelli
- 16 rice sheets
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 2 bells peppers in thin strips
- 1 mango in thin strips
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon tamari sauce
Others garnish options
- Fresh mint
- Marinate the tofu for 1 hour in the tamari sauce. In a bowl, cover the vermicelli in boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl of hot water, soak the rice leaves one at a time for 15 to 20 seconds. Remove them from the water, drain them well and place them on a work surface.
- Place the rice paper on the work surface. Place 2 to 3 mint leaves, 1 tablespoon of carrots, 1 strip of mango, 2 strips of peppers, ¼ cup of vermicelli and finally 1 strip of tofu.
- Fold the sides towards the center. Roll firmly to trap the filling.
- Cover the rollers with a damp cloth and proceed with the rest of the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut the rolls in half diagonally.
If you want to see how to prepare spring rolls click on the link below How to make Spring Roll
Tried this recipe?TAG Noble Veggies
Leave a Reply