Are you getting tired of plain chickpea hummus? Are you trying to find a way to make your hummus unique and exciting? Do you like beetroot? This Creamy Beet hummus Recipe is one of a kind for you to try.
If you like recipes that don't have hundreds of steps in them and use most items that you should have already at home, this Creamy Beet Hummus Recipe is for you. I'd love to introduce to you my delicious beetroot hummus. This hummus has to be one of the prettiest meals you'll find on the table at a party. The vibrant pink colour makes the dish, look irresistibly edible and delicious.
If you are short on time and want to make a snack, this hummus works a treat. My beets hummus only takes ten minutes to prepare and serve. I like to plate this dip alongside some crackers or crunchy vegetables like carrot, celery, or bell pepper.
The flavors of this dish are great. I love the earthy and sweet taste from the garlic. The burst of citrus from the lemons, the nuttiness from the tahini makes this dish sublime.
One of my favourite parts of this dish is the texture. The beets hummus is super smooth and light, it’ll have you coming back for more. Not only does beetroots taste delicious, but they have many health benefits too. Beetroots have a high source of fibre. It helps lower your blood pressure and is a high source of potassium.
Cool uses for beetroots:
- Food and hair dye
- Can get made into wine,
- Helps headaches,
- Beetroot juice helps detox liver.
- Beetroots have the highest natural sugar content than most vegetables.
- The whole beetroot, including the green, can get consumed.
My recipe for beets hummus can get made with three simple steps and made with seven ingredients that you most likely will have in your home. This dish is perfect served at a gathering or games night, appropriate for the whole family to enjoy or for you to indulge all by yourself. I can guarantee that this beets hummus is going to be one of your favourite quick dishes out there.
- 2 red beets you can buy already cooked at the grocery store
- 1 can 19 ounce chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ½ cup water
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ¼ cup tahini
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- In a blender or food processor, smooth the beets, chickpeas, water, garlic, tahini, lemon zest and juice to a smooth purée. Add the onion powder and garlic salt.
- A drizzle of avocado oil, to taste. Serve with vegetables or crackers.