Are you looking for a delicious and easy appetizer recipe to serve up during the big game? Look no further! This Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers recipe is easy to make, packed with flavor, and a great option party appetizer for the Super Bowl. Not only are these poppers bite-sized snacks perfect for sharing among friends, but they’re also healthier than traditional fried recipes since they’re cooked in an air fryer, no deep frying needed! Read on to find out the best way on how you can whip up this winning dish in just 30 minutes!
This tasty appetizer combines crunchy peppers with cream cheese filling, crispy breadcrumbs and seasonings, these homemade jalapeno poppers are addictive and perfect for Game Day or any time.
Easy Gameday Recipes
medium jalapeños pepper, fresh
cream cheese, softened
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
See recipe card for quantities.
Cut the jalapenos in half with a small knife or spoon, and remove the seeds and the white membrane.
Add the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, onion powder, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl. Mix all the ingredients until well combined
With a spoon, take 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture and press it inside the jalapenos pepper.
Take about ½ teaspoon of the panko mixture and press on the cream cheese on top of the jalapenos.
Place the jalapenos in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer—Cook at 400 ˚F for 5 minutes
Why you will love this recipe
These perfect poppers are the perfect appetizer for any party or gathering. They are easy to make and only require a few ingredients. Plus, they are always a hit with everyone!
What are the taste and the texture of the Air Fryer Jalapenos poppers?
The Air Fryer Jalapenos poppers are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. They are also very flavorful and have a slightly spicy taste. The texture is similar to that of a traditional jalapeno popper. However, the air fryer gives them a more crunchy texture. Overall, they are an enjoyable appetizer that is sure to please everyone.
How do you make Fryer Jalapenos poppers in the oven?
If you do not have an air fryer, you can also make these spicy jalapenos poppers in the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake them in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes. You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on how crispy you want them to be.
· There are many different variations that you can make for this recipe. For example, you could try using different types of cheese or adding in some bacon bits. Get creative and see what you can come up with!
· If you are looking for a little extra spice, you could try adding some diced habanero peppers or more jalapenos peppers to the cheese mixture.
You can keep the Jalapenos poppers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze these jalapeno poppers. For best results, simply prepare them according to the instructions and then place them in a freezer-safe container. When you are ready to eat them, simply thaw them overnight in the fridge and then cook them in the air fryer for the recommended time. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Yes, you can make these jalapeno poppers ahead of time. Simply prepare them according to the instructions and then store them in the fridge until you are ready to cook them. When you are ready to cook them, simply place them in the air fryer and cook them for the recommended time. They will last 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
There are many different dipping sauces that you can use with this spicy appetizer. Some popular options include ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, buffalo chicken dip and hot sauce. You can also serve them with a side of sour cream or salsa.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Air Fryer Jalapenos Poppers
- 6 medium jalapeños fresh
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Cut the jalapenos in half with a small knife or spoon, and remove the seeds and the white membrane. (Use gloves for this step or wash your hand just after you’re finished).
- Add the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, onion powder, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl. Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- With a spoon, take 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture and press it inside the jalapenos pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the panko bread and olive oil.
- Take about ½ teaspoon of the panko mixture and press on the cream cheese on top of the jalapenos.
- Place the jalapenos in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer—Cook at 400 ˚F for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro if desired.