With its layers of ravioli and layers of sauce, this lazy ravioli lasagna is full of flavor and texture, this hearty meal offers something for the whole family to enjoy.
If are looking for a weeknight dinner recipe, this delicious spin on lasagna will have everyone talking about it.
If you love pasta recipe make sure to try this Spicy Sausage Pasta!
Why you love this recipe
- It's an easy dinner recipe: The recipe is called "lazy" because it's a simplified version of classic lasagna that uses ravioli instead of lasagna noodles. This makes the preparation process faster and easier, which can be appealing to those who want to make a quick and easy family dinner on busy weeknights.
- Taste: The combination of cheese, meat sauce, and ravioli can create a delicious and satisfying flavor that people enjoy. The recipe can also be customized by adding additional ingredients such as vegetables, herbs, or spices to suit personal tastes.
- Comfort food: Lasagna is a classic comfort food that many people love, and the lazy ravioli lasagna recipe provides a convenient way to enjoy it without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Crowd-pleaser: The recipe can be a hit with a crowd as it's easy to make in large quantities and is often enjoyed by both kids and adults.
You will need these simple ingredients you can easily find at the grocery store to make this baked ravioli lasagna.
- marinara pasta sauce or tomato sauce or homemade sauce
- ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- frozen cheese ravioli
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh basil
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make this Lazy ravioli lasagna - step by step
To make the ravioli lasagna, begin by preheating your oven to 375°F. In a medium mixing bowl, In a 9x13 inch baking dish, spread about 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan. Next, place a single layer of frozen ravioli over the sauce, making sure to cover the entire bottom of the dish.
Combine the ricotta cheese and egg until well blended.
Spoon the ricotta mixture over the ravioli. spreading it evenly
Add another layer of ravioli and add a layer of sauce.
On the top layer add the mozzarella cheese.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. To add some extra flavor and freshness, sprinkle chopped fresh basil leaves over the lasagna before serving.
Variations of lazy ravioli lasagna are endless and can be adjusted to suit different tastes.
For a meaty twist, try adding cooked lean ground beef, Italian ground sausage, ground turkey, or shredded chicken to the layers.
Replace the marinara sauce with Alfredo sauce.
You can also experiment with different types of cheeses, such as parmesan or feta, or add in vegetables like sautéed onions, bell peppers, or zucchini.
Ravioli lasagna can be stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. To maximize freshness, store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze the lasagna by wrapping it in several layers of plastic wrap and aluminum foil and storing it in an airtight container or freezer bag. If stored correctly, the lasagna should be good for 2-3 months.
Let it rest before serving: Allow the ravioli lasagna to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together, resulting in a more delicious and cohesive dish.
Ravioli lasagna is a rich and filling meal that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a variety of complementary sides. To create a well-rounded meal, consider serving your ravioli lasagna with a simple green salad tossed with a light vinaigrette dressing. The crispness of the salad will provide a refreshing contrast to the warm, savory flavors of the lasagna.
Another great side dish to consider is roasted vegetables. Roasting vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or asparagus brings out their natural sweetness and creates a satisfying crunch. To keep with the Italian theme, you can season your veggies with garlic, olive oil, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
If you're looking for a heartier side to complement your ravioli lasagna, garlic bread is always a crowd-pleaser. Simply slice a fresh baguette and brush each slice with garlic butter before toasting in the oven until crispy and golden brown. The garlic bread provides the perfect vessel for mopping up any leftover sauce on your plate.
Yes, you can assemble the lasagna ahead of time and refrigerate it until you're ready to bake it. Just make sure to cover it tightly with foil or plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
Yes, you can use a different type of cheese for ravioli lasagna, such as cheddar, fontina, or gouda. Just make sure to use a cheese that melts well and complements the other flavors in the dish.
Looking for other pasta recipes? Try these:
Lazy Ravioli Lasagna
- cooking dish 9x13
- 3 cups marinara pasta sauce
- 1package 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 package s 8.8 oz frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- To make the ravioli lasagna, begin by preheating your oven to 375°F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and egg until well blended. Then, in a 9x13 inch baking dish, spread about 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Next, place a single layer of frozen ravioli over the sauce, making sure to cover the entire bottom of the dish. Spoon the ricotta mixture over the ravioli, spreading it evenly.
- Add another layer of ravioli and another layer of sauce. On the top layer add the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. To add some extra flavor and freshness, sprinkle chopped fresh basil leaves over the lasagna before serving.