This recipe of the Best Vegan Bolognese, is confort food to is best.
Today I'm sharing a family recipe with you, my grandmother, my mother and I are making the same sauce. But mine is the Vegan version of this Bolognese Sauce, all the ingredients are the same as the basic recipe, I simply changed the beef for soy, the taste and texture are relatively similar.
- Don’t rush it – Let the ragu simmer low and slow this is not a recipe you can speed up in any way and still achieve the same beautiful and authentic flavours.
- Prep in advance – Like most sauces, this recipe tastes even better the next day so you can make it a day in advance and reheat it when you are ready to serve.
How do I store leftover Bolognese?
The sauce will taste even more delicious the next day but leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze any leftover sauce then thaw completely before reheating.
If you tried this Vegan Bolognese sauce or any other recipes on my blog please be sure to leave me a comment below, I love hearing from you!
The Best Vegan Bolognese
- 1 packet of minced soy meat Yves Style
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 zucchini in small cubes
- 4 celery stalks in small cubes
- 2 carrots in small cubes
- 2 to mato soup
- 2 to mato juice
- 2 to mato paste
- 1 bottle of chili sauce
- 3 tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tabasco drops
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano dried
- 2 tbsp parsley dried
- 2 tbsp Italian spices
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces
- Brown the vegetables with the tamari sauce, about 5 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients
- Simmer over low heat for 2 hours, stir after 30 minutes
- Keeps for 4 days in the refrigerator, or 3 months in the freezer