This One Pot Tofu Casserole is easy and quick and so delicious
We all have days where we don’t want to cook or we just don’t have the time. It does happens to me too. It was during one of his days that I created this Easy One pot Tofu Casserole. The recipe turned out to be so delicious and the whole family loved it so I decided to share it with you.
Tofu is made from curdled fresh soy milk, which has been compressed into blocks. It is generally 100% gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan.
Tofu has a neutral flavor that easily absord any seasoning you want to add.
Tofu is a vegetarian protein rich in calcium and protein. Tofu is also a great source of amino acids and is low in calories. Try to buy your tofu Organic or GMO-free
There are two main categories of tofu – silky or firm. The silky tofu is soft and liquidy because it contains a high volume of water content. Firm tofu can be medium, firm or extra-firm. For this recipe, you will need firm or extra-firm tofu.
One Pot Tofu Casserole
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 extra firm tofu block
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 colored peppers cut into cubes
- 1 pint of mushrooms sliced
- salt pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 3 chopped green onions
- fresh coriander to taste
- In a heated oil pan at high heat, add the tofu cubes and grill until the pieces are crispy on the outside (about 8 minutes)
- Remove the tofu from the pan, set aside.
- Add another 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat and add all the vegetables. cook until vegetables are tender. (About 10 minutes)
- Add the tofu to the vegetables and continue cooking for 2 minutes
- Add the cheese on top, put under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onions