This Billionaire's Bacon recipe combines the rich sweetness of brown sugar and maple syrup with the heat from cracked black pepper and red pepper flakes, creating a breakfast staple that the whole family will love.
This recipe was inspired by the award-winning rapper Snoop Dogg's cookbook, A guy with multiple talents he even had a show with Martha Stewart. This bacon candy is almost the same as the millionaire bacon but with more kit from the spices
Thick-Cut Bacon: Choose bacon with a thickness that can withstand baking and crisping without becoming too brittle.
Packed Light Brown Sugar: Ensure that the brown sugar is firmly packed when measuring to achieve the right level of sweetness in the glaze.
Maple Syrup: Use real maple syrup for authentic flavor. Avoid using pancake syrup.
Red Pepper Flakes: Be cautious with the amount of red pepper flakes if you're sensitive to heat. You can start with a smaller amount and adjust to taste.
See recipe card for quantities.
Baking Sheet: Use a standard-sized baking sheet lined with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. The foil also helps to catch the excess grease.
Wire Rack: Place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet. This allows the bacon to cook evenly as the excess fat drips away, resulting in a crispier texture.
How to make snoop dogg bacon
Brush the bacon slices generously with the brown sugar mixture, ensuring each slice is coated on both sides. Use a brush or the back of a spoon to spread the glaze evenly.
Place the bacon in the preheated top third of the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 375 F until the bacon reaches your desired level of crispiness. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning
Choose high-quality thick-cut bacon for this recipe. The thickness allows the bacon to stand up to the glaze and results in a satisfying texture.
Placing the bacon on a wire rack helps the excess bacon grease drip away during cooking, promoting even crisping. It also prevents the bacon from sitting in its own grease, ensuring a crispier texture.
Brushing the glaze on top of the bacon allows for a more even coating. Alternatively, you can also dip each bacon slice into the glaze, ensuring thorough coverage.
Keep a close eye on the bacon during the last few minutes of baking to prevent burning. Oven temperatures may vary, so adjusting the cooking time accordingly is essential.
The goal is to achieve a beautiful caramelization of the glaze without burning the bacon. Adjust the oven temperature or the position of the rack if needed.
Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes according to your spice preference. If you enjoy a milder heat, reduce the amount, and if you like it spicier, feel free to add more.
Serve this crispy Bacon alongside breakfast dishes and orange juice, on a charcuterie board, or even as a delightful topping for gourmet burgers.
Candied Pecan Billionaire Bacon:
Add a crunchy twist by coating the bacon with a mixture of finely chopped candied pecans along with the glaze before baking. The combination of sweet, salty, and nutty flavors is delightful.
Smoky Bourbon Billionaire Bacon:
Infuse a smoky flavor by adding a splash of your favorite bourbon to the glaze. The depth of the bourbon complements the sweetness of the brown sugar and maple syrup.
Chocolate-Covered Billionaire Bacon:
After baking and cooling, drizzle or dip the bacon slices in melted dark chocolate. This sweet and savory combination creates a decadent treat reminiscent of chocolate-covered bacon.
Top with feta cheese.
If you have any leftover Billionaire Bacon or if you want to prepare it in advance, proper storage is essential to maintain its flavor and texture. Here's how you can store and reheat Billionaire Bacon:
Allow the Billionaire Bacon to cool completely before storing.
Place the bacon slices in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
Or Freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Yes, you can use regular bacon, but the texture and flavor might differ. Thick-cut bacon is recommended for this recipe as it holds up well to the glaze and provides a meatier bite.
Yes, you can prepare the glaze and even partially cook the bacon ahead of time. Finish the baking process just before serving to ensure it's fresh and crispy.
While maple syrup adds a distinct flavor, you can substitute it with honey or another sweetener of your choice. The goal is to balance sweetness with savory and spicy elements
Yes, you can adapt this recipe for an air fryer. Cook the bacon at 375°F in the air fryer, applying the glaze before and during the cooking process. Adjust the cooking time as needed.
Snoop dogg’s billionaire bacon
- 6 slices of Thick Cut Bacon
- ¼ cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper for least amount of cleanup.
- Pat dry the bacon with paper towels
- Place a wire rack on top of the prepared sheet pan. Arrange the thick-cut bacon slices on the rack, on a single layer ensuring they are not overlapping. You can spray the wire rack with cooking spray to prevent the bacon from sticking to it.
- In a small bowl, mix together the packed light brown sugar, maple syrup, cracked black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir until the sugar is mostly dissolved and the mixture is well combined.
- Brush the bacon slices generously with the brown sugar mixture, ensuring each slice is coated on both sides. Use a brush or the back of a spoon to spread the glaze evenly.
- Place the bacon in the preheated top third of the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the bacon reaches your desired level of crispiness. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning.
- Keep an eye on the bacon in the last few minutes to ensure it doesn't overcook. The edges should be crispy, and the glaze should be caramelized.
- Once the bacon is cooked to perfection, remove it from the oven. Allow it to cool for a few minutes on the wire rack. The glaze will continue to set as it cools.
- Serve the Billionaire Bacon as a unique side dish, or even crumbled over salads for a sweet and savory twist.