Elevate your side dish game with this easy and flavorful recipe for Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
The sweet potato chunks, bathed in a harmonious blend of maple syrup, garlic powder, and aromatic spices, undergo a magical transformation in the air fryer. The result? Irresistibly crispy and caramelized cubes with a tender, melt-in-your-mouth interior.
This is a great way to enjoy savory sweet potatoes since they are cooked in less oil.
This recipe not only promises a quick and hassle-free cooking experience but also delivers on taste, offering a perfect balance between sweetness and savory goodness. Whether you're looking for an easy side dish for family dinners or a delightful snack for gatherings, these crispy air fryer sweet potatoes are sure to impress.
If you want to try another sweet potato recipe make sure to try this Sweet Potato Chickpea Stew
Sweet Potatoes: Choose fresh, firm sweet potatoes with smooth skin.
Olive Oil: Use good quality olive oil for tossing the sweet potatoes. Olive oil adds a rich flavor and helps the sweet potatoes crisp up in the air fryer.
Garlic Powder: Garlic powder provides a convenient way to add a savory, garlic flavor without the need for fresh garlic. Adjust the quantity based on your preference for garlic intensity.
Maple Syrup: Maple syrup adds a natural sweetness to the sweet potatoes, enhancing their flavor. It also contributes a beautiful caramelization during the air frying process. Choose pure maple syrup for the best flavor.
Salt and Pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
Try to cut the sweet potato cubes as uniformly as possible. This ensures that they cook evenly, preventing some pieces from being undercooked while others are overcooked.
To ensure proper air circulation and even cooking, avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. If necessary, cook the sweet potatoes in batches.
It's essential to check for doneness by testing the sweet potatoes with a fork as the cooking time from different air fryers can vary. They should be fork-tender and golden brown when ready.
These air fryer roasted sweet potatoes make a great side dish and can be served with meat, fish, and plant-based protein.
Add a smoky and spicy kick by seasoning the sweet potatoes with chipotle powder or smoked paprika before air frying. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice for brightness.
Create a Cajun twist by seasoning the sweet potatoes with a Cajun spice blend or chili powder. Add a touch of cayenne pepper for heat and serve with a side of Cajun aioli for dipping.
To store leftovers, allow the cubed sweet potatoes to cool to room temperature. Then, transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate. Properly stored, they can last in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
While sweet potatoes can be frozen, keep in mind that the texture might change slightly upon thawing. If you plan to freeze them, arrange the cooled sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. They can be kept in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
You can experiment with other regular potatoes like white potatoes. Keep in mind that the cooking time and flavor profile may vary.
Peeling sweet potatoes is optional and depends on personal preference. Leaving the skin on adds extra fiber and nutrients to this healthy side dish. Just make sure to wash and scrub them thoroughly.
Feel free to adjust the amount of maple syrup to suit your taste preferences. You can also experiment with other sweeteners like honey or brown sugar.
These Air Fryer Cubed Sweet Potatoes make a perfect side dish. They pair well with roasted meats, and grilled chicken, or can even be enjoyed on their own as a healthy snack.
For best results, reheat the sweet potatoes in the air fryer at 375°F or 5-7 minutes, shaking the basket or stirring halfway through.
Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
AIR FRYER ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped (for garnish)
- Set your air fryer to 390°F and let it preheat for a few minutes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into evenly-sized 1-inch cubes. This ensures even cooking in the air fryer.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, garlic powder, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Make sure the sweet potatoes are well coated with the seasonings.
- Place the seasoned sweet potato cubes in the air fryer basket, spreading them out in a single layer. This allows for better air circulation and even cooking.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the air fryer for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket or stirring the sweet potatoes halfway through the cooking time. Air fryers can vary, so check for doneness by testing with a fork. They should be golden brown and tender.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked to perfection, remove them from the air fryer and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the top for a burst of freshness.
- Enjoy your easy and delicious air-fried cubed sweet potatoes as a side dish or snack.