This Healthy Vegan Sweet Potato Stew Recipe is full of flavors and its sweet touch thanks to the sweet potato.
I don’t know about you, but I think in winter there is nothing better than a good warm and comforting stew to make us a little appreciated the colder days and this Vegan Sweet Potato Stew will do just that !
If you like stew you can also try this recipe; Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
You can serve this Vegan Sweet Potato Stew with rice or quinoa for an even more complete meal! When I don’t have rice or quinoa, I like to serve this stew with a slice of bread that I can dip in the sauce. You can also vary this recipe by replacing the spinach with beautiful fresh kale leaves and changing the chickpeas with another kind of legume, such as white beans, lima beans or completely replacing them with frozen edamame
This stew makes 6 servings so if you are alone or 2 peoples and you don’t want to eat leftovers all week, you can easily freeze it, it will keep up 3 months in the freezer
Sweet Potato Recipes
If you love sweet potato as much as I do here are other recipes with this little vegetable wonder as the main ingredient
Vegan Sweet Potato Stew
- Finely chop the onion. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes about 1 inch.
- Over medium heat, cook the chopped onion and garlic cloves in the oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes cook for another 3 minutes
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk and spices. Simmer for 20 minutes. 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the spinach and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with rice